• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Moores & sons pennant

Advertise your boat for sale or marine related items here free of charge. No spamming, please! You only need to post your advert once and update it if and when it sells.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Moores & sons pennant

Post by Dances With Otters » August 2nd, 2018, 12:58 pm

That's a real beauty.
It is quite disconcerting how quickly a boat can diminish if left unattended. One simple roof leak and all hell can break loose. Won't be long till that beauty shines again. Good luck and hope this awesome weather lasts.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

David

Post by David » August 2nd, 2018, 6:22 pm

It was left for 2 years unused with its windows open and flat batteries both shower trays were full of water all 3 bilges were full the varnish on the outside is pealing off some of the timber on the sides have cracked due to constant temp changes and some rotten wood mainly in the corners of the cabins, the trim rail round the front cabin is missing and has let water in to the woodwork at the front, so I have plenty to do first job is to get it water tight.
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » August 3rd, 2018, 7:59 am

Why was such an impressive boat left that way? Had the owner died?

David

Post by David » August 3rd, 2018, 4:20 pm

No he has been ill awaiting a heart operation the guy is only 35

David

Post by David » August 5th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Well been down to Glenmore this weekend spent most of the weekend cutting out rotten wood and grafting in new pieces and sorting out all the cracked wood on cabin sides, there is still plenty of wood that needs replacing though

Vetchugger

Post by Vetchugger » August 6th, 2018, 12:59 am

Hope you are taking plenty of pictures as you go David. Would really like to see your progress.

David

Post by David » August 6th, 2018, 7:46 am

Didn't get much chance this weekend to take any photos but will next weekend as my priority was to get it as water tight as possible before it rains on Friday/Saturday, having new v berth cushions made so front cabin has to be dry as water was geting in through the front bottom corners of the cabin due to 2 very badly bodged repairs because of rotten wood, bathroom sealer and 3mm ply just does not work I have removed so much sealer and wood filler this weekend it was getting silly, also I wish people wouldn't use mild steel screws in boats as this has also been a problem in rotting out some of the wood in the cabin sides

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » August 9th, 2018, 5:19 pm

Moored up there this morning and can I just say what an impressive boat and big too.
Very nice. ;)

David

Post by David » August 9th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Thanks Miles plenty of work to do though just ordered the wood for the front trim pice that's missing it has to be machined up specially and Jeckels have just made the v berth and infill cushions, they have them made already less than 3 days and a good price to (sub £500), do you know wether the boat window business in Hoverton is open Saturday's as I need some window tracking for the front cockpit sliding window ?

Vetchugger

Post by Vetchugger » August 10th, 2018, 1:02 am

I didn't think the front "V" berths were meant to have an infill! I never managed to find a board for that and the edge of the berths was a raised moulding which suggested to me that was the only option designed for.
The sliding window in the cockpit is very useful indeed!