Click here to find out more on Amazon.

Embarking on New Adventures: Sailing on the Norfolk Broads

Vlog series on Youtube
Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles »

Welcome aboard! In this series of videos, I'll be sharing my exciting adventures with my newly acquired sailing boat on the beautiful Norfolk Broads. My name is Miles, and I'll be documenting my journey as I learn the art of sailing and exploring various destinations.

Setting Sail on the Norfolk Broads

After purchasing my sailing boat a few months ago, I'm thrilled to be starting this exhilarating journey. My initial focus is to master sailing competently on the Norfolk Broads, a safe and serene location. Once I've gained confidence and expertise, I plan to set sail to numerous captivating destinations, though circumnavigating the world isn't on the immediate horizon.

Meet My Trusty Vessel: High Seas Time

Let me introduce you to my boat, High Seas Time, a 27-foot wooden boat constructed with a sturdy and reliable epoxy sheet. This material provides added stability, ensuring a comfortable sail even during colder weather. With a reconditioned BMC 305 1.5 diesel engine, High Seas Time is equipped with ample power to venture out to sea safely.

My Little Companion: Stellar

Sailing isn't just a solo venture for me; it's a journey I share with my beloved 16-year-old dog, Stella. She may be getting on in years, but she adores the waters as much as I do. Together, we'll embark on unforgettable experiences, and Stella will be a constant companion in this thrilling voyage.

Navigating the Waters

As I set sail from Lake Bridge to Sutton, I encountered the joys and challenges of sailing for the first time. The winds guide my course, and I learn the art of manoeuvring both the mainsail and jib sail. With both sails up, my boat glides gracefully over the waters, and I quickly appreciate the power of harnessing the wind for propulsion.

Learning from Mistakes: A Voyage of Lessons

Like every sailor, I encounter some hiccups along the way. My inexperience with tacking against the wind leads to a minor mishap in the reeds, but I embrace these moments as valuable lessons in my learning journey. I believe that every mistake is an opportunity to grow, and I'm determined to become a proficient sailor.

Embracing Sustainability: Going Green on the Waters

Being mindful of environmental impact, I want to adopt eco-friendly practices during my sailing adventures. I plan to incorporate solar panels on my boat to harness clean energy and reduce reliance on diesel consumption. This supports my mission for sustainable sailing and cuts down on fuel expenses during extended trips.

Sailing Toward the Horizon

As I gain more confidence and expertise in sailing, my sights are set on exploring beyond the Norfolk Broads. I aspire to venture towards destinations like Norway, with its breathtaking waterways and access to Eastern European countries. The allure of discovering new landscapes and cultures fuels my determination to set sail on this remarkable journey.

Conclusion

This sailing adventure is just the beginning of an incredible voyage filled with exploration, learning, and personal growth. I invite you to join me on this nautical odyssey, as I share daily videos of my experiences, challenges, and triumphs on the open waters. Together, let's embark on an unforgettable journey through the vast and captivating seas. Fair winds and smooth sailing! #Norfolk #Broads
Webmaster of the Norfolk Broads Forum