• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Norwich moorings at Weatherspoons

This moorings section is for any posts relating to the mooring of boats on the Norfolk Broads and this includes the north and south Norfolk Broads.
JohnS

Norwich moorings at Weatherspoons

Post by JohnS » December 21st, 2017, 10:11 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know who owns the moorings alongside weatherspoons in Norwich? I see they have no mooring signs up, if this is the case are they enforced. Just curious really, to see weather I could stop there for lunch at weatherspoons and to do shopping see a movie etc.
I’m normally on the northern broads, but as I have a couple of weeks off for Christmas I have enough time to do some exploring.
Thanks

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Norwich moorings at Weatherspoons

Post by Dances With Otters » December 22nd, 2017, 10:21 am

No doubt Rick H will know as he knows that area as good as anyone.
I could be wrong but I think there is a bridge right next to it, or might that be the Iceni place?
Where are you Rick H? Your services are required.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Simondo

Post by Simondo » December 22nd, 2017, 1:43 pm

You can always use the Norwich Yatch station and walk down Riverside Road to the Red Lion (over the bridge opposite Lollards Pit) superb Pizzas from their pizza oven!

JohnS

Post by JohnS » December 22nd, 2017, 2:20 pm

Yeah, that right, there’s a door bridge just after the weatherspoons, just thought it’d be nice to moor up alongside and pop in with no walking required 🤣 lol.
The quay heading looked in good condition when I was in Norwich for work nearby.
Waste of perfectly good moorings if we can’t use them.
Due to rubbish low tide times for Christmas I will be spending a week up north, then hopefully go south for a week at new year. I’ll give it a look then.
Hopefully see some of you out over Christmas ‘

Rick H

Post by Rick H » December 22nd, 2017, 9:49 pm

With regards to the moorings outside the pub then iv seen quite a few boats moor there in fact the now defunct Thorpe ferry used to go from there , even BA have used them to drop off folk this yr , + there are at least 3 boats that moor 2 long term between narrow bridge and the pub and BA do nothing so I would say that for a visit it would be fine , however I wouldn't over night there the risk of an idiot letting the ropes go in the night is way too high , I wouldn't use the landing stage behind the restaurant boat that's council property infact as far as I know the whole of the quay to the railway bridge from the YS is council owned its certainly not BA , however that didn't stop a ranger trying to frighten a hire boater in summer moored down by Morrison by telling him a complete pack of basically lies, bit of a ridiculous thing to do in front of a seasoned boater who knows who owns the land 😀 , incidentally that's quay where the bridge is closest to Morrison's is where the YS was supposed to be had it not been for BA discovering the cables under the river 😀 .

JohnS

Post by JohnS » December 22nd, 2017, 10:22 pm

Excellent info. Thanks. I’ll try it at some point then, as you say I’m not sure I’d risk an overnighter, but it would be nice to stop for a pint and a bite 👍