• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Thanks Plonkers! Antisocial Boaters

This moorings section is for any posts relating to the mooring of boats on the Norfolk Broads and this includes the north and south Norfolk Broads.
High Seas

Thanks Plonkers! Antisocial Boaters

Post by High Seas » August 24th, 2017, 5:36 pm

I have been stuck at Neatishead most of the afternoon due to two illegally moored boats, not only have I been blocked in but also my father on the other side.
Not to mention that the only emergency steps is blocked too, so if a dog, a child or anyone else falls in then they are stuffed.
Two signs are clearly not enough.
Reported to BA but not holding my breath as now after 5.
Attachments
2017-08-24_05-34-38.jpg
Selfish B**star**
Last edited by High Seas on August 25th, 2017, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

David

Re: Thanks Plonkers!

Post by David » August 24th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Are they from a certain boat yard at Womack Dyke by any chance?
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

High Seas

Re: Thanks Plonkers! Antisocial Boaters

Post by High Seas » August 25th, 2017, 7:07 am

Yes Eastwood Whelpton.
2017-08-25_06-51-31.jpg
I contacted them by email as no signal here and to be fair she got on the case pretty quickly and contacted the crews to tell them to move.
Sadly one did and one didn't and my 80 year old father remained unable to leave the mooring since yesterday afternoon.
The crew returned at 11 O'Clock and woke everyone up only for another of their boats to bang up against his transom as it was moored so close.
2017-08-25_06-51-12.jpg
It is at times like this that the B.A. system fails as after hours you can not contact a B.A. representative directly and the Broads becomes unruly, unlawful and like the wild west.
It annoys me immensely when I can get blue booked by an over zealous ranger for overstaying at a 24 hour mooring for a few hours in the midst of winter while I carried out emergency repairs only for a group of selfish B**star** to bring a mooring to a grid lock just so they can sit in the pub and get p@@@@d up and no one is about to enforce the byelaws.
Not exactly sportsmanlike.

Hylander

Post by Hylander » August 25th, 2017, 8:37 am

Why couldn't your poor old Pops get out. Could the offending yacht not be pulled across to assist Dad? Some people are so darned thoughtless, some haven't even got half a brain between them. Totally unnecessary aggravation. What makes their lives so much more important than anyone else' s what would have happened if your father had an emergency.

AcleLad

Post by AcleLad » August 25th, 2017, 9:04 am

Are you really blocked in? In your first picture there is a boats length gap in front of your boat. Why didn't you pull your boat forward which would have left a space behind you that the two EW boats could have been pulled across towards therefore letting your poor trapped father out if needed!! Mountains and molehills spring to mind!

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » August 25th, 2017, 10:09 am

I was waiting for a comment on that. You are quite right in what you say but that space only became available hours later.
Hardly making mountains out of molehills when you are blocked in on both sides.
We could not move the offending yachts as there was nowhere to move them neither the ground to walk on to pull them.
Luckily by the morning I was able to get out and we then had somewhere to move the obstructing boat.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

High Seas

Post by High Seas » August 25th, 2017, 10:16 am

Hylander wrote:
August 25th, 2017, 8:37 am
Why couldn't your poor old Pops get out. Could the offending yacht not be pulled across to assist Dad? Some people are so darned thoughtless, some haven't even got half a brain between them. Totally unnecessary aggravation. What makes their lives so much more important than anyone else' s what would have happened if your father had an emergency.
The photo does not show the bowsprit preventing exiting.

Hylander

Post by Hylander » August 25th, 2017, 2:51 pm

Now I understand, I hope someone treats them the same one day. Hope Dad is ok now

High Seas

Post by High Seas » August 25th, 2017, 2:54 pm

I hate to say it but in the most respectful intent and I mean this most sincerely, they were all praying this morning.
Perhaps they should have prayed for a mooring. :roll:
Slight message there but hey ho, I am a walrus.

Hylander

Post by Hylander » August 25th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Praying, what were they a group of clergy?