• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Broads Authority Taking The Michael

This moorings section is for any posts relating to the mooring of boats on the Norfolk Broads and this includes the north and south Norfolk Broads.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Broads Authority Taking The Michael

Post by Dances With Otters » August 22nd, 2017, 7:48 am

I was reading this review on Trip Advisor and I have to totally agree with everything they have stated about the Broads Authority.
The Broads Authority are supposed to be maintaining and supervising the Broads where really at the end of the day are just dominating the Norfolk Broads and turning it into a corporation which they run and just use to rake in cash from people who should be able to use the moorings without getting milked excessively for cash.
Norwich in my opinion really takes the Micky.
In many ways they do a great job but why charge people so much for staying at Norwich? You would think with what they charge it would cover showers and water too but not even close. Norwich has miles of mooring space but it is filled with no mooring signs everywhere.

Read the review titled over rated boat hire on the Broads.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserR ... gland.html

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Terry

Re: Broads Authority Taking The Michael

Post by Terry » August 23rd, 2017, 5:07 pm

Yeah that sounds pretty spot-on. Shame it won't change anything re the BA, although it may well deter some potential visitors.
I've got wild staring eyes, and I've got a strong urge to fly ... but I've got nowhere to fly to

High Seas

Re: Broads Authority Taking The Michael

Post by High Seas » August 23rd, 2017, 5:12 pm

although it may well deter some potential visitors.
The reality of that is probably a very high statistic.