'The Norfolk Broads Phenomenon'

is available on Amazon in ebook format.

Click here to find out more on Amazon.

Unravelling the Maritime Mystery: A Deep Dive into the History of My Beloved Boat

Vlog series on Youtube
Miles
Site Admin

Unravelling the Maritime Mystery: A Deep Dive into the History of My Beloved Boat

Post by Miles »

From the moment I cast my vote, a lingering curiosity about the true history of my boat has been a constant companion. Nestled amidst the enchanting Norfolk Broads, its origins remained shrouded in a certain mystique, the details of its past somewhat elusive. The prevailing notion was that it had sailed in from the sea, but the specifics were as murky as the Broads themselves.

Then, in the waning days of September 2016, an unexpected online message altered the course of my boat-related musings. A gentleman, asserting to be the original builder of my vessel, reached out to me. The excitement that surged through me was palpable; finally, a chance to unveil the secrets harboured by the high seas beneath my boat.

Initial scepticism, a natural byproduct of online interactions, crept in. YouTube, my virtual stomping ground, occasionally presented oddities in the form of peculiar messages. Nevertheless, as authenticity was verified, my anticipation intensified. This individual, claiming to have crafted the very vessel that now navigated the Norfolk Broads, was a beacon of information.

Picture this: the culmination of our digital exchanges led to a rendezvous at Salem Stay, the chosen spot for our meeting. A holiday on the Broads provided the perfect backdrop as he, the original builder, docked alongside my boat. The reunion was both poignant and informative, setting the stage for a flood of questions I had harboured for years.

Prior to this encounter, my knowledge about my boat was limited to its designation as a Bruce Robbins 27, a detail I'd struggled to corroborate. Where was its hull moulded? How was it meticulously crafted—did it emerge from a fibreglass mould, or was it an amalgamation of different components?

The moment arrived, and as we exchanged greetings on that fateful evening, the original builder handed me a treasure trove: three photographs capturing the essence of my boat. These images, which I am eager to share with you, marked the beginning of an enlightening journey into the history of my maritime companion.

The tantalising prospect of additional photos, presented in a vintage slide format, teased the historian in me. Patiently, I awaited the unveiling of these visual relics, knowing that each frame held a piece of the puzzle, contributing to the rich tapestry of my boat's narrative.

As I navigate through this trove of maritime memories, I invite you to join me in uncovering the untold stories behind my beloved vessel. Stay tuned for future revelations, as more images and anecdotes resurface from the depths of nautical history.

#Norfolk #Broads
Webmaster of the Norfolk Broads Forum