hi all

stevenr

For new members to say hi to the forum if they so wish.
stevenr

hi all

Post by stevenr » October 10th, 2017, 4:14 am

Just a few line to let you all no a bit about me . Currently I am living in Fermanagh northern Ireland and do a bit of cruising on the erne waterways on a 26 nelson . I work as an electrical engineer . I am hoping to retire in the next few years and move to the boards with a view to buying something bigger than the 26 to live abroad. So I am just here to get a feeling for the area and hopefully hit the water paddling so to speak

High Seas
Site Admin

Re: hi all

Post by High Seas » October 10th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Welcome.
Excuse the delay in responses.
The forum has been a target of cyber crimes recently and we are currently dealing with the issue.
There are plenty of people on here who would be more than pleased to help you with any questions.
A garboard drain light on the Broads? Nah!

Bargate

Post by Bargate » October 11th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Hi stevenr

I have a boat on the broads, but may at some point in the future want to liveaboard, have you visited the broads before?

Terry

Post by Terry » October 11th, 2017, 7:03 pm

Hi stevenr, and welcome to the forum :)
Have you visited the Broads before? If not, you definitely should. The whole area's very laid back and quite tranquil. As for living aboard, my advice is the same as the advice I was given: Do it!
I've got wild staring eyes, and I've got a strong urge to fly ... but I've got nowhere to fly to

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » October 11th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Four seasons so far. Probably two is enough for most continuous cruisers to be fair.
Met some, actually met a lot of great people. A couple of nutters too but literally a couple.
It has been a wonderful experience and certainly very rewarding on a higher level.
I don't suppose it would suit everyone but personally I have enjoyed it all the way and I mean that most sincerely.
Sorry Terry, it's the Floyd freak phenomenon. ;)

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » October 11th, 2017, 7:28 pm

And I would also like to add that I have found the BA rangers very nice chaps in almost all situations.
The authority has had some bad press recently but my own personal experience has been very enjoyable.
People will always slate authority but I hold a lot of respect for the rangers, they have always been courteous.

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » October 11th, 2017, 7:30 pm

I had the best summer yet, a real family classical Broads memory. I will carry that with me forever. This place is where real good memories are made as it brings out the best in people.

Terry

Post by Terry » October 11th, 2017, 7:46 pm

I would also like to add that the Broads Authority rangers are the nicest, most awesome, helpful, sincere people you could ever meet, if any of them read this forum.
I've got wild staring eyes, and I've got a strong urge to fly ... but I've got nowhere to fly to

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » October 11th, 2017, 7:46 pm

Brown nose it up

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » October 11th, 2017, 7:48 pm

You still only get 24 hours but straight up...nice chaps.......my nose is blick