• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

For new members to say hi to the Norfolk Broads Forum if they so wish.
Edward

Post by Edward » June 1st, 2017, 6:48 pm

Hello Miles and members. I am interested in your boat lifestyle. Have watched most of your video's and always enjoy them. Particularly interested in boat running costs as a full timer on a shoestring budget - as this may be an option for me if I get to retire, early I hope.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Newbie

Post by Dances With Otters » June 2nd, 2017, 3:05 am

The Broads is rather unwelcoming to liveaboards. A lot of pseudo snobbery.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Terry

Post by Terry » June 6th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Hi Edward,

Welcome to the forum :)
I also stumbled across Miles's youtube vids early on when researching anything about living on the Broads. At the risk of stirring up all the liveaboard-haters, I'm now less than a week away from launch day. It is a shame about the snobbery that exists (just a vocal minority, I hope) because I had a sh*t-load of questions which I'd hoped to ask on another forum before this one started. As I discover the answers for myself, I'll be sure to share my experiences on here so that someone in a similar situation in the future might benefit.
I've got wild staring eyes, and I've got a strong urge to fly ... but I've got nowhere to fly to

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » June 7th, 2017, 12:27 pm

You must be pretty excited.
If you dont overstay on BA moorings you will have no trouble from any rangers. They are in most cases very nice chaps and I admire the way they speak to people as I don't think I would have so much patience with certain characters.
As for the haters, well they are just that. ....haters.
Most people don't like themselves anyway so there is an ancient wise saying,"*u*k them!" You are on your boat living the dream life. They are stuck to a keyboard being emasculated by their hate and envy.
It's tough at the top.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » June 7th, 2017, 12:28 pm

And the winters. ....well if the wherry boys could do it.......the haters certainly can't.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵