• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Hi all

For new members to say hi to the Norfolk Broads Forum if they so wish.
peterboat

Hi all

Post by peterboat » February 21st, 2018, 9:59 am

Hi,
I have a broads cruiser on CRT waters, I have removed the interior and BMC 1500 engine and converted it to electric, when it finished I intend to move it back to the broads along with myself.
I also have a Dutch barge lookalike on CRT waters which is where I currently live, I will I suspect have lots of stupid questions to ask of you over the next year or so please be gentle with me as although I have had a boat for 13 years I have only ever visited the Broads and never cruised on them

Yours Peter

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Hi all

Post by Dances With Otters » February 21st, 2018, 3:17 pm

Hi there and welcome.
I had on of those Lynch motors if it's the pancake type, I would love to go electric.
Can you tell me where you got it from if you don't mind? I know they cost a bit.
I'd be very interested in learning about your setup.
Regards
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

peterboat

Re: Hi all

Post by peterboat » February 21st, 2018, 5:54 pm

Yes it is a brushed pancake type a d135 if I remember rightly, I bought mine years ago from Agni along with the controller. I have fitted it in the Bathtub [thats what my other half calls him] and it goes very well on 24volts, I have the option to go up to 48volts but dont see the need for speed and I have a 24 volt whispergen plus the solar for charging. The battery bank is Lithium ion by Valence 8 x 138 ah of the beasties so range should be good,at 3mph it uses 20 amps at 24 volt I have a video of it somewhere cruising so I can maybe post a link to it