Hi all

wellcome

For new members to say hi to the forum if they so wish.
peterboat

Hi all

Post by peterboat » February 21st, 2018, 9:59 am

Hi,
I have a broads cruiser on CRT waters, I have removed the interior and BMC 1500 engine and converted it to electric, when it finished I intend to move it back to the broads along with myself.
I also have a Dutch barge lookalike on CRT waters which is where I currently live, I will I suspect have lots of stupid questions to ask of you over the next year or so please be gentle with me as although I have had a boat for 13 years I have only ever visited the Broads and never cruised on them

Yours Peter

High Seas
Site Admin

Re: Hi all

Post by High Seas » February 21st, 2018, 3:17 pm

Hi there and welcome.
I had on of those Lynch motors if it's the pancake type, I would love to go electric.
Can you tell me where you got it from if you don't mind? I know they cost a bit.
I'd be very interested in learning about your setup.
Regards
If You Lay Down With Dogs, You Get Up With Fleas :roll:

peterboat

Re: Hi all

Post by peterboat » February 21st, 2018, 5:54 pm

Yes it is a brushed pancake type a d135 if I remember rightly, I bought mine years ago from Agni along with the controller. I have fitted it in the Bathtub [thats what my other half calls him] and it goes very well on 24volts, I have the option to go up to 48volts but dont see the need for speed and I have a 24 volt whispergen plus the solar for charging. The battery bank is Lithium ion by Valence 8 x 138 ah of the beasties so range should be good,at 3mph it uses 20 amps at 24 volt I have a video of it somewhere cruising so I can maybe post a link to it