New to the Braods

For new members to say hi to the forum if they so wish.
nimue

New to the Braods

Post by nimue » October 23rd, 2017, 10:17 am

Just a quick one from us.

We're new to the Broads, in fact, it was watching Mile's youtube videos that helped us make the leap.
So far we've enjoyed both the north and south broads, we couldn't believe how busy the north broads are in the summer, and yes, we've had quite a few knocks from hire boats and it does get very irritating, but that's another story.
Now on some days it seems like we have the river to ourselves and its marvellous and we're looking forward to more winter boating.

Terry

Re: New to the Braods

Post by Terry » October 23rd, 2017, 12:17 pm

welcome to the forum. nice to see new faces on here (so to speak). yeah, Miles does have a way of making it look appealing (mostly, lol)
I've got wild staring eyes, and I've got a strong urge to fly ... but I've got nowhere to fly to

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 23rd, 2017, 12:18 pm

It is appealing, I love it.
A garboard drain light on the Broads? Nah!

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 23rd, 2017, 12:22 pm

I would have to add that I enjoy it mostly because I move around a fair bit. If I was on a mooring 24/7 I don't think I would do it. There is something very liberating about being in control of what I look at our of my windows with the added bonus of a sensation of space which you don't seem to get so well with motor caravans.
A garboard drain light on the Broads? Nah!