• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

200 Boat Crashes On The Broads

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

200 Boat Crashes On The Broads

Post by Dances With Otters » September 8th, 2018, 6:41 pm

EDP

I hear that our most salubrious prolific poster on the old forum claims to have only been hit once in 18 years.

Something tells me he has been hit a lot more. :D :D :D :D :roll:

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: 200 Boat Crashes On The Broads

Post by Dances With Otters » September 8th, 2018, 7:08 pm

Mr Birtles said inexperience and speed were the main cause of crashes on the Broads.

According to the Health and Safety officer of the Broads Authority.

So if they know that as well as we all do........
Why is nothing being done about it?

And why are they only enforcing byelaw violations which flows money to the Broads Authority?

Why not enforce all of these crashes, as I bet my bottom dollar in mostly every case, byelaws were violated by not stopping after someone's boat got pranged.

Sound familiar?
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » September 8th, 2018, 7:13 pm

“You see a lot minor collisions with hirers as they are inexperienced when using boats,” Mr Birtles said.

“They are sometimes unaware of how a boat handles because they have usually just got out of a car.”

Mr Birtles said the type of damage recorded varies from “dinks and dents” to damage costing “a couple of hundred quid” to repair.

At last, someone on the Broads Authority who is paying attention to what is actually happening.

However, a couple of hundred quid is a bit of the truth as I know of damage claims running in the thousands....and in every case the hire boat never stopped.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

David

Post by David » September 21st, 2018, 8:29 pm

You can make that 201 our boat was hit this afternoon by Star Gem, we were not at the boat but it was reported to me by one of my mooring neighbours the, women who was helming was apparently texting on her phone she briefly looked up when she hit my boat and my neighbours boat and then she when the back to texting and didn't stop, the collision has damaged my rear steps and pushpit rail Richarsons have been informed and are going to inspect the damage and put it right
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » September 21st, 2018, 8:58 pm

Sorry to hear that.
I am currently working through some issues myself with another company now owned by the Cators.
I hope you get treated better than I have been.
As long as the Norfolk Broads continues on like the Wild West it will continue to be full of cowboys.....the only Gatling gun that will work for this place is regulation and some hefty changes too.
Good luck!
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵