• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Sutton Broad Closing In

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Sutton Broad Closing In

Post by Dances With Otters » July 17th, 2018, 6:15 am

I have spent much of my time around Sutton Broad, I have a lot of affinity for that broad, not too sure why but I guess it is just a nice place and has wonderful sunsets as the sun sets right across it axis.
Anyhow, came in super early this morning and noticed that the reeds on the south side are literally a good 20 to 30 feet over from last year. So much so that it has now created several new cul-de-sac shaped wild moorings. I'll upload some photos once I get a stronger signal.

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Re: Sutton Broad Closing In

Post by Dances With Otters » July 17th, 2018, 6:27 am

Stunning location.
2018-07-17_06-25-59.jpg
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

BEN

Post by BEN » July 17th, 2018, 8:09 am

Sutton Broad, or to be More precise, Stalham broad as it used to be called, has been closing in for centuries. It's the BA's resposibility to keep the broads as they were when they took over, as far as navigation is concerned, so it looks like they need to do some dredging up there..

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » July 17th, 2018, 8:11 am

Somebody sent me some old photos of the Broads not so long ago. It was pretty bad after the second world war which surprised me and was pretty similar to present time.
If you look at the broad through Google Earth it shows some interesting lines which most likely are from reed harvesting I would guess but there are a few dykes there too.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵