Broads System Failure

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Broads System Failure

Post by Dances With Otters » June 14th, 2018, 12:20 pm

2018-06-28_06-40-37.jpg
I am all for live and let live but when people take the **** and say stuff you to everyone else, it makes my blood boil.
These boats abuse Stalham Staithe and have no right to do so.
They are anti social in the true sense of the word full stop.
One boat has moored there for months.
Anyone who tells you they have an exclusive right to moor indefinitely at a public staithe because they are local is talking out of their bumhole, excuse the language but it's a fact.
You come into Stalham to do a Tesco run and can never get in because of antisocial boaters.
2018-06-28_06-40-44.jpg
2018-06-28_06-40-54.jpg
Attachments
2018-06-28_06-40-54.jpg
2018-06-14_12-12-36.jpg
2018-06-14_12-12-49.jpg

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Hylander

Re: Broads System Failure

Post by Hylander » June 14th, 2018, 12:48 pm

Is the Staithe Parish owned? An email to the Clerk of the Parish Council might glean some interesting facts of whether or not they are within their rights to be 'camped out' as they are.

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » June 14th, 2018, 1:54 pm

Stalham town council did a land registry check in 2003 and discovered that it did in fact not have an owner.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

JohnS

Post by JohnS » June 14th, 2018, 6:05 pm

It's happening everywhere, there' and Elysian 27 at the 24 hour basin moorings in Loddon, (or was there's 2 weeks ago, not sure if he's moved since). This boat has been camped out there since Easteri have been told. I've seen it there with my own eyes for more than 3. They're plugged in to electric and show no signs of wanting to move.
I'm amazed they haven't been moved on, it's sending the signal that you can buy a boat, live on it, and have a 24h mooring as home for as long as you want :roll:

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » June 14th, 2018, 7:10 pm

It ruins it for every other liveaboard too.
I had a chap come up to me at Stalham Staithe moaning because he seemed to think I was liable for council tax for some bizarre reason, however, the folks that don't play the game, if you like, get left alone to abuse the system.
Ironically the chap was a pensioner claiming council tax benefit so I was left scratching my head. I correctly informed him that council tax is charged for dwellings.
Despite that he went on to moan about me using facilities.
If he is referring to the refuse collection? I would have to add that there quite simply isn't any.
I find it quite crazy that a chap can get fined over two thousand pounds for speeding in a river yet the Broads Authority fail to be able to keep the navigation area clear.
If it was a car or even still an untaxed car, then the Police would come and crush the car and as a result people tend to avoid making that critical error.
The whole Broad's system is just aberrant from no bins, unnavigable undredged rivers such as Dilham and boats just continuously moored in public areas.
So when I get strangers challenging me about council tax........I do feel like I am on the Trueman's Show. :roll:
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

David

Post by David » June 16th, 2018, 12:02 pm

I know the owner of the Broom in the last pic he lives in Stalham but has no permanent mooring he moves his boat around normally every couple of days but I do know that he crashed his van last week at the Tesco road junction and ran head long into the lamp post on the other side of the road so he might not be able to move his boat
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » June 16th, 2018, 12:42 pm

He's a lovely chap but there is 12000 boats registered on the Broads all entitled to use the staithe.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

Hylander

Post by Hylander » June 16th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Well the boats at Lodden Staithe have no right to be there for more than 24 hrs. It is a BA mooring.

http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boat ... s/moorings

Hylander

Post by Hylander » June 16th, 2018, 2:24 pm

The BA take time to write a lot about Stalham Staithe, pity the powers that be dont move these boats on.

http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/__da ... PC_web.pdf

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » June 17th, 2018, 7:59 am

It's quite ironic as they have a published PDF on how much of a conservation area it is yet the staithe is neglected and derelict and gridlocked.
It would be interesting to know how that system worked when the staithe was a wherry pitstop. In those times it was acknowledged as a public staithe which meant that the public could stop to unload and load. I guess the modern equivalent would be a run to Tescos, laundry or shower at Richardson's, walk the dog, chat to some passers-by and then depart.
Mooring there for months is just beyond the joke.
Twenty four hours is more than enough for everyone unless they are being repaired or some medical emergency.
In cases where people don't have moorings then the simple solution is to be fluid like the river as in keep moving.
If a person is not on the boat 24/7 then go mudweight it on the broad or wild mooring and come in on a tender.
It worked for Elvis as one member correctly said......love me tender.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵