• Administrator
  •  
    Advertising Is FREE On This Forum!
    You Can Support This Forum By Clicking The Advertisements.

Why Is The Norfolk Broads So Addictive?

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Why Is The Norfolk Broads So Addictive?

Post by Dances With Otters » May 30th, 2018, 4:36 pm

What is it about this magical waterway that captivates people over and over again?
Nearly everyday I have made a half hour journey into Stalham to purchase fresh supplies and more often than not returned to my projects the same day to pretend to look busy........when all along, I am not.
That journey has never got boring and I must have made it hundreds of times.
To many the Norfolk Broads is just a swamp with no WiFi as Jeremy Clarkson once stated but the truth is far more profound than that.
You see my philosophy is that when folks potter around in their boats, what they are actually doing is playing and to be honest I think people should do a lot more of it.
Listen to some more music too.
:D

⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

avg45

Re: Why Is The Norfolk Broads So Addictive?

Post by avg45 » June 1st, 2018, 7:27 pm

I remember back in the nineties, Judith Chalmers presented a holiday program for the BBC. She spent a short break on a Richardsons boat and then, proceeded at the end of the trip to declare that it was a very primitive holiday, and if you wanted to rough it then the Broads was the perfect place ti visit. I thought then as I do now " what a stupid person". However by saying all that she probably kept a lot of people away and made it all the better for us. LOL. :lol:

I read that drinking was bad for you, do I have given up reading.. lol