What's the River Bure like?

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
BEN

Re: What's the River Bure like?

Post by BEN » May 28th, 2018, 6:34 pm

High Seas wrote:
May 28th, 2018, 3:02 pm
I have just come out on the Ant and it is totally mental. Wish I had stayed put now.
Wait till next Saturday (2nd June), it's the 3 rivers race, there could be 100 boats sailing up to the bridge, but not under it, from the Bure.
They start at Horning at 11:00, how long they'll take to get there is weather dependant..

David

Post by David » May 28th, 2018, 10:17 pm

Not being horrible but I am glad that we are down the following weekend, that 3 rivers race gets manic we got court up in it last year it was bedlam
A boat makes a big hole in the water in to which you throw money

JohnS

Post by JohnS » May 30th, 2018, 5:36 pm

We had a really nice time on the southern rivers this weekend! I couldn't think of anything worse than spending a bank holiday weekend trying to dodge the mayhem up north. That said, it was busyier than I expected down south :shock: hope this is not a sign of things to come, and that hire boats dont start venturing further down :lol: had a nice evening at Langley dyke with friends on Saturday, then a nice BBQ at London Sunday then back to the moorings at Acle on Monday. We saw a few idiots out, but on the whole most people behaved :D I heard that it was mental up near Wrexham and Coltishall

Dances With Otters
Site Admin

Post by Dances With Otters » May 30th, 2018, 5:58 pm

The best bit I saw was a 45 foot hire boat trying to moor up in a 30 foot space whilst its crew sat inside wondering what was wrong.
⛵ Euneda, Euneda Boat ⛵

JohnS

Post by JohnS » May 30th, 2018, 6:04 pm

Hahaha, I've seen that a few times! It also always cracks me up when there one person trying to drive the boat in to a gap, then everyone else on board are scratching their arses waiting for the boat to tie its self up 😆. :lol: :lol: :lol: