Get the Bins Back! FFS

It's just not right

General Broads related posts.
High Seas
Site Admin

Get the Bins Back! FFS

Post by High Seas » January 20th, 2018, 9:59 am

IMG_20180120_095932.jpg
Everybody knows about the bins going and it has p@@@@d absolutely everyone off.
I personally totally sympathise with the Broad's Authority on this issue as it is not their doing at all with regards to having the bins removed. It's the councils. In addition, from what I can tell, they have been totally ignored by the councils when it comes to discussions on this subject.
I am at Coltishall today and just had a look around.
There are recycling bins which is good but not one single bin for boat waste.
Standing here now, whilst looking down the entire length of this common mooring, I see an absolute disaster in the making.
Soon this place will be filled with boats from private ones to hire craft all with multiple black sacks of rubbish festering in the heat of the summer sun.....and not one bin to put the waste in.
This is not industrial waste folks, this is an industrial environmental disaster and crime.

Nothing is being done and nothing is being changed.
We could all start a petition online but unless it gets 100,000 votes, then it will go largely unnoticed.
So, I ask all readers now, are you in or are you out?
And if this petition gets started, then you will all have to share it on Facebook, Twitter and just about everywhere you can think of to get it to work.
It's not something that one forum can address alone and the delegation of authority must go to the people, so watch this space.
Let's stop the Broads from getting ruined by some idiotic administration within local councils.
It is just not right.

Liveaboard or liveathome?.....that is the question

Aboattime

Re: Get the Bins Back! FFS

Post by Aboattime » January 20th, 2018, 11:18 am

Hi Miles, i couldnt agree more. We sometimes have large black sacks on board full of rubbish for days before we find a suitable bin. Its total madness and needs sorting.There used to be a large bin in the pub car park but i dont think its there any more. Kevin

Hylander

Post by Hylander » January 22nd, 2018, 11:18 am

I had a reply from the BA today by email to say:-

I can confirm that there are rubbish bins at the Coltishall moorings in the Kings Head carpark. There are also facilities in Hoveton by the 24 hour moorings just upstream from the bridge.

So there are rubbish bins at Cotishall.

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » January 22nd, 2018, 11:34 am

Must be seasonal bins.
The problems with that is rubbish is not seasonal.
Plenty of fisherman and canoes about.
2018-01-22_11-32-19.jpg
Attachments
2018-01-22_11-32-10.jpg
Liveaboard or liveathome?.....that is the question

Spindrift

Post by Spindrift » January 22nd, 2018, 1:32 pm

I have noted a serious shortage of re cycling bins for cans on the Broads. You can easily recycle bottles and sometimes paper but I end up having to crush all my cans flat and take them home with me as I am seriously committed to re cycling anything that can be re cycled.

Getting back to the original subject, come on, if BA and Yarmouth Council (whatever it is called) make a few cuts elsware ie. jollies for the boys, turn the heating down a bit in the offices, keep a better eye on office supplies which is something that is usually seriously abused. I know this as I used to supply offices with everything and when in a year you have supplied a pair of scissors for every member of staff (signed off by supervisory staff) and nobody has a pair of scissors there is something wrong. Photocopy paper, printer cartridges, staplers, pens, post it notes, and the list goes on are all "diverted" on a regular basis. Keep a better eye on the issue of maintenance equipment supplies, (anybody wanting protective clothing should only be issued with what they immediately need, not a ruddy great box of the stuff, yes! it does happen). There are many in house cuts in both organisations that could easily pay for the restoration of the bins. Perhaps a look at the staffing levels in both offices and the productivity of the individual staff members might reveal a bit of wastage too.

Boat hirers and owners bring a lot of money into Norfolk, Both Authorities should remember this fact. We do not want to see piles of rotting rubbish on quaysides and bags of rubbish thrown into the reeds by the more irresponsible people of our community.

Sorry if some of these comments have hit a bit close to home for some people but they have to be said.

Regards.

Alan.