How are boats referenced?

General Broads related posts.
Dreamer

How are boats referenced?

Post by Dreamer » October 7th, 2017, 12:15 pm

I'm wondering how the Broads Authority and Canal and River Trust reference boats. Is it solely through the number they give you to stick on your boat, or is it by the name of your boat? The reason I ask is because I need to name her before I come, but I'm not sure if two boats with the same name are allowed on the same network.

I'm guessing it is, otherwise people naming their boats with personal names would have become impossible long ago. So can I call my boat whatever I like, and does it matter if the name is already in use by another boat on the same network?

Rick H

Re: How are boats referenced?

Post by Rick H » October 7th, 2017, 4:01 pm

You can call it whatever you like doesn't matter if there is more than one either with BA or CTR , in fact you don't need to name it at all , the index no is all that's required , there was a system re letters on index no's on the broads but that's very much messed up now in fact they are now issuing index no's with 4 no's and a letter nowadays as they have run out of 3 number ones .

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 7th, 2017, 5:57 pm

There are plenty of boats with the same name. The most popular names are Broom, Shetland, Freeman and Dory. Don't know why, must be a Norfolk thing. :lol:
Man will be what he was born to be, free and independent. - JFK.

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » October 7th, 2017, 7:01 pm

@Rick
I'll go with no name at all then, and perhaps finish her in matt-black with tinted windows, stick some chrome on her, and refer to her as 'Stealth'.
I do want her to have a very recoginsable identity, so that people occupying a mooring will know to move-on when they see her coming.

@Miles
You're very witty today, all things considered :twisted:

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 8th, 2017, 8:35 am

The boats are also referenced by how they conduct themselves and treat others. Dreamer, you have fallen flat on your face without even being here. Slight message there but can't think what it is.
Liveaboards have to deal with a lot of prejudice mainly due to ignorance and also the actions of a small nefarious few. You have done the liveaboard corner no favours whatsoever trolling the Broad's forums and I would have to conclude that you have made yourself totally unwelcome.

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » October 8th, 2017, 11:06 am

I think you should go and read my reply to you in the other thread, as you appear to be taliking in contradiction and are close to getting yourself hurt.
Now please, don't push your luck, it has a tendancy to run out when you take too many chances.

Bargate

Post by Bargate » October 8th, 2017, 11:20 am

Time to inform the relevant authorities just in case this guy is for real I think...........

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » October 8th, 2017, 11:45 am

Notified!
I think it is fair to say that we have all had enough of this clearly very immature idiot, can't put it any nicer than that.
I will leave his posts up though for the perusal of the Broads Authority and more importantly the Broads Beat.
In addition, for their benefit and also for other webmasters here is his details.
I.P. address: 94.196.236.100
Registration email: admin@leonardbannister.com
Although it is a dormant domain.
I made it very clear when this forum was started that it would be an open forum but that was not an invitation for abuse.
He has been reported for cyber crimes.