They thought I were you but it was an Honour!

General Broads related posts.
Dreamer

They thought I were you but it was an Honour!

Post by Dreamer » October 6th, 2017, 10:39 pm

Dreamer here, posting for the first time on what is hopefully an 'as advertised' place where true freedom of speech actually exists. This most essential of life's prerequesites certainly does not exist on NBN (the Norfolk Broads Forum).

I joined their forum recently, was nice enough until some Government suck-up opened his ill-informed mouth and started causing trouble. What happened was an Admin over there quoted a paragraph regards the requirement for a licence to use VHF. I was completely disgusted by it. It was basically the British Government telling you that it is illegal to protect your life at sea unless you have a licence to do so.

F*ck that, and f*ck the British Govenment for bringing such immoral bullsh*t into law.

I responded by pointing out the law is completely irresponsible, and instead of making it illegal to use a VHF without a licence, they should make it law to include a Government Approved VHF course booklet with every VHF unit sold, and simply point out that using a VHF without a licence, is only permitted in emergencies. This is the correct way to do it, the moral way, the way that will save lives, unlike the British Govenment's version which can do nothing other than claim them! The paragraph not only pointed out that it was illegal to do so, but also contained threats and bully tactics by scaring the public into not using a VHF, therefore putting their lives at risk - disgusting bunch of reptiles!

I was then told by another member that I must be a trouble-causer (so apparently pointing out life-saving suggestions makes me a trouble-causer), and that I should forget about coming to the Broads and stay in Hornsea where my boat currently is. That same person then accused me of being "someone else". I replied by asking them "What, you mean there's someone else who actually speaks the truth no matter what?"

I'm pretty sure they thought I was High Seas, so I feel honoured :D

My post and my entire thread (which was a different topic), got completely wiped-out after that post. I take censorship extremely seriously, and even more so in this case as he censored a completely factual life-saving suggestion. My behaviour on that forum was top notch. I've sent them a warning, to get the thread put back, and they had better do so. I'll never post on that forum again for as long as I live, even with the thread put back, but nevertheless, I take great issue with having a bunch of immoral censor-happy a-holes censoring a life-saving suggestion I had made.

Was going to join this forum originally due to it being owned by High Seas (at least that seems to be the case). Only reason I never is cause it's not too lively at the moment, and I needed questions answering super-fast. Luckily I got most of my questions answered before the b*lls**t started, but I still have one question left for now. I'll start a new thread about it tomorrow.

Right now I fancy watching a movie - one with lots of guns in it!
Other than that, hey all :lol:

High Seas
Site Admin

Re: They thought I were you but it was an Honour!

Post by High Seas » October 7th, 2017, 2:31 am

Welcome.
Very frustrating having your comments censored especially when you quote the truth.
Any moderator/admin from that website can tell your I.P./demographics so to accuse you of being someone else is ridiculous.
Yes it is quiet here at the moment. It is quiet in the sense of people signing up but I can assure you that it is not quiet in the sense of traffic. If you scroll down to the bottom of any page, you will see on the top left above the Amazon advert is the visitor counter which is going up like crazy.
Probably do better in the winter months.
Once folks start getting censored, they will pop over.
I am in no rush.
Certainly is High Seas website too.
In a way, ironically enough, I should be grateful for the toxic snake pit of a forum the other site portends to be. Simply because once I started getting moderated and with the so called Broads spirit so elegantly demonstrated by the likes of Paladine and Terry Tibbs, I realised something was very wrong there and needed to be handled.
It all reminded me of a disturbed ideology. Hopefully, the likes of the EDP might pick up on it soon, if they are happy to raise questions about the BA, then they certainly won't mind questioning a few poster's mindset on there.
Anyways, that's the beauty of the internet. If you run into an archaic mindset from another century then all you have to do is analyse what you have perceived there, pity them, wipe your feet like you do when you tread in dog **** and move on. :twisted:
A garboard drain light on the Broads? Nah!

High Seas

Post by High Seas » October 7th, 2017, 4:08 am

“If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind.” ~Buddha
It certainly is not kind if you don't speak the truth.....I call that lying. :D :D :D :D :twisted:

Rick H

Post by Rick H » October 7th, 2017, 9:42 am

Censored yes but not removed completely , they were moved to members only where it continued yesterday if it carry's on today then I will ask for it it be withdraw as is nice yiu can't access that area you can't reply , that said had you joined NBF and mentioned living on board then you would most certainly got a far rougher ride , incidentally the guy that spouted the regs doesn't as far as I'm aware go to sea where as the one that defended you in that its OK in an emergacy deffinatly does , the regs were posted again later on and it seams that without a licence you can monitor channels and also use vhf in an emergacy without breaking the law , shame that the person who started the rules bit didn't know that .
It least you didn't get accused of being me but then again they worked out who I was in 2 posts and then accused of masquerading as someone else by someone who had just come in from the pub ! .
Most are OK on there and one respected member has called you to be given a second chance which I personally agree with , as with a lot of big forums there are those that think they are the kingpin and the forum will die without them but trust me they don't know everything and as far as living afloat NBN has limited knowlage but still far more than NBF who did have some knowledgeable members but the booted them out because they didn't act like sheep and agree with the kingpins .

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » October 7th, 2017, 10:38 am

If you are on a boat in distress and don't use the VHF because you don't have a ticket...then the lifeboat will and should give the person a slap.
It costs about £60 to get a VHF ticket, however, no rescuers are going to penalise someone for making a distress call on a VHF without a ticket.
Which pedantic single cell blob wrote that? left me have the link? :D

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » October 7th, 2017, 11:40 am

It's not the guy who posted the paragraph that was the propblem, it's what the paragraph contained. The paragraph I was shown was basically the British Government telling the public that if they use a VHF without a licence then they will face a heavy fine or imprisonment. It also contained blatant bully tactics by pointing out, if you dare to take them to Crown Court, then they will make the fine unlimited!

This is the British Govenment putting people's lives at risk, how many people do you think are going to avoid buying one?

This is going to cost lives, will already have cost unknown thousands, and will continue to do so until it is removed from law and replaced with something in the best interest of the citizen as opposed to what we currently have, which is bully tactics formed in the best interest of their bank balance. The British Government are a truly disgusting bunch of reptiles, and need to be dealt with.

And as for those dicks over at NBN wiping-out my thread. Well I can no longer see the thread, so are you telling me that what they actually did is move my thread somewhere others can read and reply, but the author (myself) cannot? Who the f*c* do these people think they are?

Unfortunately for them, I am not the type to simply wipe the sh*t off' my shoe and move on. I'm more the "Vengeance is Mine" type, so he had better put that thread back in public view where I can see what is being posted on my own thread. And he had better remove the pre-moderation system he put on my account. I mean how retarded do you have to be to think it's acceptable to remove the author from a thread while allowing others to let-rip without the author himself being able to see it or defend his point of view?

The whole concept is completely monstrous!

Whoever was responsible for that, I hope you're reading this:
You have until I get to the Broads to rectify the situation - YOU F*C*I*G DICTATOR :evil:

High Seas wrote:
October 7th, 2017, 4:08 am
“If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind.” ~Buddha
It certainly is not kind if you don't speak the truth.....I call that lying. :D :D :D :D :twisted:
Ancient Proverb (a factual one I just made up):
"Wise man say Dreamer have dream, and no person or entity shall get in the way of Dreamer's dream." :twisted:

High Seas
Site Admin

Post by High Seas » October 7th, 2017, 11:42 am

:D Oh Yes!

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » October 7th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Yeah I know, it's beautiful, just beautiful :D

High Seas

Post by High Seas » October 7th, 2017, 12:43 pm

We have all been down that road.
You get a bigot and when you counter their nonsense, your post gets deleted and the pseudo posts remain.
I do believe it is what Donald Trump called, 'Fake News'.
It's what I call censorship and suppression of truth.
I believe time is a great magistrate of nonsense.

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » October 7th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Thing is, if you read the stuff Rick kindly pointed out in this thread, you will be under the impression that I were in the wrong here. That is not the case. I reacted to an "official" paragraph that Admiral quoted from the "official" people. There was nothing in that paragraph about being able to use the VHF without a licence. All that paragraph contained was blatant irresponsibility and bully tactics!

Rick mentioned something about them discussing giving me a "Second Chance"!
LMFAO, why do I need second chance? ... I've not done anything wrong in the first one!

It's not my fault something was quoted in a misleading way, although granted, I don't for one moment think he did that deliberately. Like I said, it's not the people there I had an issue with, it's what the British Government appeared to be doing that disgusted me. As far as people go, it was the person responsible for the more recent post I had an issue with. The one that pretty much suggested I'm a trouble-causer, that perhaps I should stay away from the Norfolk Broads and stay in Hornsea, and that I might not even be me, I could be someone else (you I think).

It will be interesting to see how they deal with this, whether they will be man enough to admit a mistake on their part.
It is their wrong-doing, not mine, and it was another member that was causing trouble, not me.

Until it all went massively wrong, my behaviour on that forum was idyllic as far as I'm concerned - I was always polite and courteous!
Hell, I even ran out of "Like" presses I was so courteous :!: