• Administrator
  •  
    Boat Crash Video Clips Wanted

cannot take a bit of critisism

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
avg45

Re: cannot take a bit of critisism

Post by avg45 » March 29th, 2019, 3:09 pm

Totally agree. It is usually just 6 or 7 people who dominate that site and if you only slightly disagree, you get castigated for it. It was a very friendly site when I first joined it, but oh how times have changed. I thought it had gone downhill a couple of years ago when their Moderator, Richard, formed a secret society to discuss the latest Toll fees and to plan their so called strategy. The ordinary members were not allowed to join in the discussion unless they were in the select few!!!! I like many others sent an Email to the site but was ignored as were many others who were not happy. Really sums them up doesn't it? Its now gone downhill even more. I have also re-visited that site (still not allowed to login) and reread my post and still cannot find anything highly offensive about it!!! Poor old Batrabill he sounds OK and a nice person :D :D :D :D :D

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » March 29th, 2019, 6:38 pm

I am sure there are many nice people on there but I do suspect their posts may not always see the light of day.
You see in my opinion there is moderation and there is censorship.
There is no moderation in life and the sheer suggestion that mature adults in discussion require moderation is quite simply an invalidation to any single person.
As far as censorship goes well it is very useful if you wish to control the conversation or any public opinion. I think the media do the best job at that.
Look at France recently. Migrants in gun battles with police on city streets and major civil protests but all you hear on mainstream news is an M.P. referred to someone as coloured and an MP tried to get off a speeding ticket.
The real nutcracker is that if anyone was to come on a forum and there was a prolific potty mouth poster, then there is a simple ignore button so you can switch off just as you would in real life.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

avg45

Post by avg45 » April 1st, 2019, 3:55 pm

Thanks Miles, you could not be more correct that in your last comment. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Scardinus

Post by Scardinus » April 2nd, 2019, 3:45 pm

This richard you talk of, does his last name begin with B by any chance?

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » April 2nd, 2019, 5:12 pm

Personally, I am not sure but I would be curious to ask him why he has permitted the abuse of so many people on his forum and never done anything about it other than to ban the members who were getting abused.
I can only assume that is easier to ban a victim of discrimination, ridicule and prejudice than it is to ban members who are financially contributing members, patrons if you like.
At the end of the day, I often heard of people saying that it costs money to run a website or forum when actually it does not. The annual cost of website hosting and domain name registration is no more than a pint and burger and chips at the pub.
I did have someone leave a funny review after reading this topic.
The apparent ANONYMOUS poster claimed to be an administrator of an alternate forum and suggested that one should take a neutral stance. However, it is pretty obvious who it is.
As far as this Richard character goes, I must confess I have been told a few unpleasant tales of his dealings with others but that is not my business and neither does it interest me.
What I would like to put to this notorious forum administration is quite simply the following questions and I welcome him to come and publicly answer it on this forum.
The questions are,
Why do you permit the blatant abuse of individuals on your forum?
Why do you permit the forum to be moderated in many cases by individuals who have a deep resentment towards liveaboards?
Why has he not banned the prolific abusers like Paladine and Terry Tibbs to mention a few, are these people above the T.O.S. because they may be patrons?
Finally, why do your moderators censor people's comments and ban them when they go against the blatant prejudice that is so prevalent on that website?
It is my belief that if he was to answer those questions on this website it would help many people who have been left with a bitter taste in their mouth.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

avg45

Post by avg45 » April 3rd, 2019, 7:23 pm

I do believe that his surname begins with "B". It is also no good trying to get him to answer any questions you may have because he did not even have the decency to reply to the Emails I sent him, so you would be wasting your time. However if you were one of his secret society and financially contributing to his old boys and girls network you most likely would get an answer. I just had a look, which I can still do, but not allowed to log in and poor old Batrabill is getting some stick from the same old saddoes such as Paladine and the other so called "Moderators".. Glad I am on a decent site. :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vetchugger

Post by Vetchugger » April 3rd, 2019, 11:01 pm

Whilst I agree that there are some arrogant and dominant characters on the site in question, I think this applies more to the mods and a few of the regular heavyweight posters. Richard tends to take a back seat (could be code for lazy) whilst others do the modding and editing etc.
His name does not begin with a "B" either! I've met him quite a few times and he is a pleasant enough fella. I've also had plenty of fallouts with both mods and a couple of members on there but have to say the same is also true of the so called "brightside"! I think forums in general are a funny old world where there are lots of folk you "encounter" but will never really know the real them!

avg45

Post by avg45 » April 4th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Hi Vetchugger, while I agree with part of your post, I still say that what I posted does not warrant be being barred from logging in. I may have got the initial of Richards surname wrong but it does not alter the fact that he, by Email, told me I had a TOS Violation which was the reason I was barred. I would ask you to look at the post I put on that sit, re JP's complaint. I stated that I thought that JP should ignore them and that I thought they were a lot of sad people . I made no direct comment or insult to anyone by name and was still barred from logging in, so it must have been the moderators and not Richard who barred me. To reiterate, up to this date I have still not received a reply from Richard to inform me A: what is a TOS and B: what violation have I committed? I have no doubt that he is a nice enough person but, he should keep control of the Moderators and bullies on his site otherwise more people will vote with their feet as many already have done. Happy cruising this summer. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vetchugger

Post by Vetchugger » April 4th, 2019, 11:30 pm

And the same to you for the season. I'm not sure if you have ever met any of the "mods" over there? They really can be arrogant, domineering and savage with their comments and dismissals. I am fairly sure that Richard relies on these folk for all the violations or sanctions that they feel he should impose. I also know that Richard has had spells in hospital and heart surgery partly due I suspect, to his love of a fag and the beer. As far as I know there is only one other person who has the "keys to the website" and the this person does a lot of the work. OK, I'm making lots of excuses for Richard, but I like the fella! The rest of the big hitters on there, and I've met quite a few of them, I'm not so fond of shall we say. I could tell you a wee bit more by pm if you are interested!

avg45

Post by avg45 » April 5th, 2019, 10:14 am

Yes I would like hear to a bit more about those on the other side, Vetchugger. I did know that Richard had had health problems which is probably why his grip on the so called moderators is a bit on the loose side. I look forward to hearing from you. :D :D :D :D :D :D