• Administrator
  •  
    Boat Crash Video Clips Wanted

cannot take a bit of critisism

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
avg45

cannot take a bit of critisism

Post by avg45 » March 17th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Went on the other site about a week ago to check the weather, etc, as it is nearly time to de-winter our boat. There was a post from John Packman making a complaint against the usual Other Forum mafia that they were being a bit unfair to him with regard to the the National Parks Scheme. I made a post stating that I Agreed with his Complaint and that there were a lot of sad people who need to get a life and enjoy the Broads as it is supposed to be enjoyed, that is why I do not post on that site any more. I received a tirade of negative comments and I have now been told that I have committed an offence and my membership is being restricted and I cannot now log in even if I want to, which is a shame as I keep in touch with some very good friends I have made over the last 15-20 years through that Forum. However I have noticed over the last few months that the postings on the other site have got less and less which makes me believe that people are getting fed up with the way they are being treated on the other side!!! and voting with their feet, besides the site is not even secure. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Miles
Site Admin

Re: cannot take a bit of critisism

Post by Miles » March 17th, 2019, 8:55 pm

Anything that goes against Paladine's copy and pasting and his chums, moderators, or the monthly donators and your are met with a veritable barrage of insidious toxic trolling with impunity.
There are some pleasant people on there too but they seem to prefer boating.
The main problem there is anonymity and I have personally met most people on this forum which sets it apart.
I was told Paladine was a retired police officer who moored his boat, 'Wytchcraft' at Sutton Staithe and lived in Potter Heigham.
Then again there is always these wonderful waterways where boaters can boat, or they can go online and even upset J. Packman lol.
Personally, I believe a Broads forum should give people something rather than take it away.
Help protect, promote and experience the Norfolk Broads.
When people are being upset, or harassed even up to the head of the Broads Authority getting exasperated then evidently the only thing official about the website you refer to is that it is officially wrong. Wrong in every way.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

Luna

Post by Luna » March 18th, 2019, 1:53 am

I manage to get on the broads for five weeks , April to October, on a dreaded hire boat. At least it’s a sail boat, one of the oldest on the broads and the only countersunk yacht in hire. I’ve no interest in the politics just the experience of being there. Perhaps I would show more interest if I relied on official moorings. I tend to wild moor as I prefer the company of reeds and silence to plastic tubs and generators.

avg45

Post by avg45 » March 18th, 2019, 10:24 am

Thanks Miles, Its nice to know there are friendly people still out there, and Luna have a wonderful time sailing and enjoying the Rivers and Broads. I will be up there myself in a few days time and perhaps I will see you around Stalham Staithe or Sutton sometime Miles. By for now. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » March 28th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Yes, we don't like to take a neutral stance here
It's far better to say it how it is and if other's disapprove....options remain :roll:

Hylander

Post by Hylander » March 29th, 2019, 7:05 am

I belong to the forum you refer to and even I had a break a year ago for about a year after a spat with one of the Mods. To be honest if I see a post that looks a tad 'long winded' I just dont bother to even look at it. Life is too short to spend hours reading mostly what as has been said has been cut and pasted from elsewhere. I am sorry Avg that you have been treated so badly, goodness me , even harden criminals do not treated like pariahs, do they.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » March 29th, 2019, 7:09 am

It is a little bit more serious than that I am afraid. I have met a good few who have come away feeling very unhappy and concerned to be quite accurate.
It does even continue to this day.
Personally, I don't care for it and would rather spend my time boating on the Norfolk Broads.
Have a lovely day folks. :D

Hylander

Post by Hylander » March 29th, 2019, 9:02 am

It is a little bit more serious than that I am afraid. I have met a good few who have come away feeling very unhappy and concerned to be quite accurate.

Really!! Can you be more specific.

avg45

Post by avg45 » March 29th, 2019, 10:20 am

Many thanks for your positive comments re my post on the other Forum. My post is there for all to see, and I was not being personal to anyone just making a general comment. As Hylander says " even hardened criminals do not get treated like pariahs". No they don't and usually get the right of reply to defend their actions. I have not even been granted that right, as I have sent TWO Emails to their Founder Richard requesting him to inform me what actual T .O. S violation (whatever that means) and he did not even have the decency to reply to me. I even asked if he knew what the Oxford Dictionary definition of the word Forum meant, still no answer!!! I shan't bother anymore if that's how they want it!! Its nice to be on a Forum such as this where you can say your piece without being belittled or penalised for saying what you think. On a brighter note I have just opened up my boat for the Summer and all seems ok and looking forwards to enjoying the Broads again this year. By the way can anyone tell me without going into great detail why some people think it wrong for the Broads to be granted National Park Status, and would it make any difference to us. I only ask because I live in a National Park (Southdowns) and it has made no difference to life or living here. Cheers all and hope to see you all out on the rivers.

Hylander

Post by Hylander » March 29th, 2019, 2:27 pm

I have read through the posts on Complaint JP (cannot recall exact title) and poor old batrabill seems to have taken a lot of knocking as well. Not that many folk involved in the post , the first page is dominated by one poster and just the odd comment throughout afterwards.