•  
    Boat Crash Video Clips Wanted

Winter Boating On The Norfolk Broads

General Norfolk Broads related posts.
Miles
Site Admin

Winter Boating On The Norfolk Broads

Post by Miles » February 25th, 2019, 5:32 pm

Anybody who is fortunate enough to go boating on the Norfolk Broads in the winter time will be well aware of just how amazing it is.
It is the Broads as you don't know it, empty, more wildlife and a free mooring waiting for you wherever you decide to go. I can't begin to describe just how much better it is.
Now in the Times today is a very interesting article about just that winter boating on the Norfolk Broads. In fact, the people who hired the boat were both transatlantic sailors, as well as the former Olympic oarswoman, Tash Howard. Now, they could come anytime in the year but chose February, so I would have to say they probably know something about boating and when it is a good time to really get out there.
This got me thinking about Broad's history, particularly the little ice age this country saw between 16th to the 19th centuries.
Norwich was second only to London and the Norfolk Broads was a highway, it was used in ways most people have no comprehension whatsoever, it was busy as heck.
How did they cope in the winter time?
Are we led to believe that this all came to a standstill in the wintertime?
Somehow I doubt it.

⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵

avg45

Re: Winter Boating On The Norfolk Broads

Post by avg45 » March 17th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Hi Miles, I would love to use my boat in the Winter, but I live too far away for it to be viable, however next week I will be on board !!! :D :D :D :D

Miles
Site Admin

Re: Winter Boating On The Norfolk Broads

Post by Miles » March 18th, 2019, 7:19 pm

I have seen a steady increase in boats out in the winter since 2014. The Norfolk Broads at its finest.
⛵ Life is short, even on its longest day ⛵